Meagan Landress, CSLP®
About Coach Meagan
My interest in finance started as a Junior in high school while working as a bookkeeper for a gym in my hometown: Lawrenceville, Georgia (GO BLACK KNIGHTS!). This work steered me towards studying finance in college at The Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University. I began my career in personal finance while interning for a financial planning firm in Atlanta & my internship turned into a full-time position after graduation studying underneath 3 CFP® professionals.
I studied and learned the intricacies of personal financial planning to achieve one's short, intermediate, and long-term financial goals. An issue I consistently ran into however was not having the proper education or training on how to advise on student loan debt - nor did I have a good platform or process to properly service these clients.
I started my own practice - Financial Coach Meagan - in March of 2017 to specifically help people who are beginning their financial planning journey with student loan debt in the mix. I was the first person in Georgia to acquire the CSLP® designation (Certified Student Loan Professional).
9 Facts About Meagan
1. I've always had an entrepreneurial spirit - Growing up, I was in the business of making & selling bracelets, dolls, brooms, purses, & my own artwork. I was a proud Girl Scout cookie supplier. I bartered my mom's hand-drawn napkins from my lunchbox for extra snacks in kindergarten. I mowed lawns every summer. I called nearly 25+ local businesses nearby to see if they'd hire a "very responsible and mature 14 year old with a signed work permit from school"... LOL.
2. I played shortstop & centerfield in softball growing up & all through high school.
3. I don't swear.
4. My boyfriend's name is Kelly & my phone auto-corrects his name to Jelly when texting. He is a business owner as well.
5. The most scared I've ever been was when my best friend in high school almost drove the family 4-wheeler off a cliff into our back-yard creek. She jumped off just in time, and is happily residing in Colorado today! The 4-wheeler made it too, it just took 4 men to pull it out of the water!
6. My sister is my best friend. My brother could be my twin even though he's 5 years younger than me.
7. My preferred COVID19 quarantine attire: my fat, fluffy, candy-cane striped socks & something warm & comfortable.
8. I really enjoy cooking. It's my "me" time after a long day and gives me a chance to experiment & be creative.
9. I love what I do... If I won the lottery or had a chance to do it all again, I'd still be doing exactly THIS.
Outside my practice, I also consult for Student Loan Planner and serve on the board of two non-profit organizations: Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (GAWL) and Power Suit Project, Inc.